Saturday, August 29, 2009

First car


In 1956 I was thirteen. My Grandfather Condley couldn't drive any longer so he gave us his pride and joy, his 1936 four door Dodge. I only have one picture and it's really a bad one. I down loaded one that looks a lot like the one we had. I learned to drive the stick shift by driving up and down the driveway. When no one was looking I would venture out onto the street. It didn't take long before I was all over Alameda. My friends would pile in and we would head for the local Fosters Freeze to spend our allowance. I even went across the Bay Bridge a few times. Keep in mind that I was still thirteen and in gramer school. I did get caught! Did you know they didn't have student parking in the eighth grade? I parked in one of the teachers parking spaces and my dad was notified. How can you ground a thirteen year old from driving?

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe they don't have student parking in grammer school.

    ReplyDelete